- The independent study proposal must represent a study opportunity that is above and beyond the courses offered in the Uni High curriculum. Independent study proposals that duplicate courses offered at Uni will not be considered
- The independent study proposal should enhance curriculum innovation consistent with the laboratory mission of Uni High
- Independent study courses will not satisfy the "300-minute rule"
- Students must complete the paperwork in order for an Independent Study to be registered
Any exceptions must be approved by a majority of the Curriculum Committee.
- Meet with supervising teacher to determine if the teacher is willing and able to undertake an independent study course with you.
- If the teacher agrees to an independent study, obtain an independent study request form from the Guidance Counselor.
- Working with the supervising teacher, write a proposal that meets the above-identified criteria for an independent study. Attach the proposal to the independent study request form. This should be in the form of a syllabus outlining the independent study in full detail.
- Obtain approval from your parents/guardians.
- Obtain approval from the department executive teacher.
- Obtain approval from the Guidance Counselor.
- Submit the independent study request form, the written proposal, and a copy of the class schedule to the Student Services office
- By Friday of the first week of classes for fall semester and year-long proposals
- By the Friday of the first week of the 2nd semester for 2nd semester proposals